TEK-Mate is the perfect leak detector for the light-to-medium refrigerant technician who demands reliable leak detection at an affordable-friendly price. Suitable for both R410A R134A plus many more. The Tek-Mate is sensitive to R134a at 2 grams/year and R410A at 5 grams/yr, making it easy to detect a leak of any size.
Offering hand-held convenience, the Tek-Mate leak detector boasts proven heated diode sensor technology. The Tek-Mate incorporates an electrochemical sensor consisting of a ceramic substrate, doped with a reactive element, and maintained at high temperature by a built-in heating element.
When halogen-bearing gas contacts with the hot surface, the chlorine, fluorine or bromine atoms are separated from the molecule and ionized. This causes an electrical current to flow within the ceramic to a collection electrode at the centre. Careful selection and application of the ceramic permits the Tek-Mate sensor to provide similar responses to CFCs (such as R11 and R12), HCFCs (such as R22 and R123), HFCs (such as R134a) as well as replacement blends (such as R404a and R410a) so that the operator does not need to determine the refrigerant in use or remember to set a selector switch.
INFICON provides world-class instruments for gas analysis, measurement and control.
TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector Features:
- Designed for light-duty air conditioning & commercial refrigeration
- Sensitivity of 2 g/year R134 (0.10 oz./year ) and 5 grams/yr with R410a (0.25 oz./year )
- Detects R22, R134a, R404a, R410a, R448a, R507 (AZ-50), R32, 1234yf HFO, and all other CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs, and HFOs
- No false alarms from soap solutions (no exaggerated chlorine response)
- Automatic Contamination Adjustment
- Runs on 2 “D” cell batteries
- No need for adjustments since the automatic background compensation feature continuously monitors and compensates for changing background “noise.”
- Heated diode sensor technology
- Two-year replacement warranty
- Made in the USA.
TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector Includes:
1 x Brand New Inficon Tek Mate, 1 x hard plastic carry case, 2 x Duracell D size alkaline batteries, 1 x heated diode sensor (703-020-G1 ), 1 x set of spare filters, 1 x set of operating instructions and 1 x full 24-month warranty card.
TEK-Mate Refrigerant Leak Detector Specifications:
- Sensor Technology: Heated diode
- Sensor Life: 1000 hours
- Sensitivity: 2 g/yr (EN 14624)
- Sensor Replacement Indicator: Yes
- Leak Indicators: 1 LED; audible alarm
- Battery Life: 16 hours (approximately)
- Suitable for Flammable Refrigerants: Yes
- Probe Type: Chrome plated flexible metal
- Probe length: 43cm
- Power requirements: 2 x ‘D’ alkaline batteries (Duracell)
- Controls: Power (On/Off) Sensitivity (High/Low)
- Working Temperature Range: -27°C to +50°C (-16 to 122 °F)
- Storage Temperature Range: -27 to + 60 °C (-16 to 140 °F)
- Dimensions (of case): 38 cm x 9 cm x 30 cm
- Unit Weight: 0.539 Kg (with battery)
- Certifications: CE, SAEJ1627, EN14624:2012, A2L certified
- Country of Origin: USA by INFICON
- Warranty: Full 24 Months Replacement Warranty (see instruction manual for conditions).