The Gas Mate is ideal for detecting gas leaks in both residential and commercial environments, as it is intrinsically safe to CE and UL 913 Class 1 standards. It can detect a range of gases such as natural gas, propane, butane, cyclopentane, ethane, ethanol, isobutene and ammonia, detecting hydrocarbons with twice the sensitivity of other products – in fact, it is sensitive to 5 ppm methane. It is perfect for checking leaks in residential and commercial combustion appliances, such as natural gas or propane heating systems as well as pipelines.
The Gas Mate is a portable hand held device and is economical in every sense – it is reasonably priced, runs on two D sized batteries offering continual operation for up to 60 hours.
It features an adjustable sensitivity, which helps to pin point leaks fast, and the audio alarm and flashing LED indicates the leak strength. Gas Mate also features an auto zeroing to ignore background gas levels in leak test areas. The small sensor and probe tip make it easy to check those harder to reach places.
GAS-Mate uses leading edge technology to detect hydrocarbons and other gases with twice the sensitivity of competing models. GAS-Mate is a precision instrument with rugged construction and a high impact casing, ideal for heavy duty handling. An extremely reliable unit, the manufacturer also offers a 2 year replacement warranty.
Features at a Glance
• Sensitive to 5ppm methane; which is twice the sensitivity of its nearest
• Also detects natural gas, propane, butane, cyclopentane, ethane, ethanol,
isobutane and ammonia
• Variable audio alarm and flashing LED to indicate leak strength
• Adjustable sensitivity helps pinpoint leaks fast
• Auto zeroing for ignoring background gas levels in leak test area
• Small sensor and probe tip allows leak detection in small places
• Runs continuously for 60 hours on 2 x ‘D’ alkaline batteries
• The base unit includes sensor, 2 x ‘D’ batteries and hard plastic carry case
Suggested Applications: Medium to heavy duty commercial applications
Sensitivity to Methane: 5ppm
Leak Indicators: Variable flashing yellow LED and audible tick rate dependant on gas concentration
Power Source: 2 x ‘D’ alkaline batteries
Battery Life: 60 hours
Probe Type: Chrome plated flexible metal
Probe Length: 43cm
Control Panel: 3 position switch: Off,High & Adjustable sensitivity
Slide Switch: Sensitivity
Operating Temperature Range: 0°C to 45°C
Storage Temperature Range: -10°C to 60°C
Dimension: 224mm x 51mm x 76mm
Weight (with batteries): 700grams
Certification: CE UL913 Class 1, Division 1, Group A, B, C & D, Met Laboratories Listing #E112145
Manufacturer’s warranty: 24 months