Pumping Down an AC or Refrigeration System
- Switch off the air conditioning unit
- Connect the manifold to the low pressure service valve
- Using your refrigeration service tools, release the nut on the service valve, to a mid-way position between fully opened and fully closed. You should see that that the pressure gauge reading will increase on the manifold gauge.
- Operate the air conditioning unit for 3 to 5 minutes,
- Isolate the liquid line by closing off the liquid line service valve. You should start to see the reducing pressure reading on the manifold gauge.
- Once the pressure reads zero, isolate the vapour line service valve by closing the service valve off,
- Evacuate the system after the repair and maintenance work by using a high performance Javac Vacuum Pump to 25 microns or less. This step is very important otherwise your system will not operate correctly. This is to remove the moisture and oxygen.
- Next open the service valves and wait for 5 minutes for the refrigerant to disperse.
- You may now turn of the air conditioning or refrigeration unit.
- It is suggested that you use a Hand Held Leak Detector to check for any leaks around any new joins or changes to the refrigerant piping.
Contact us anytime using the chatbox at the bottom of the page or signup to our mailing list to be the first to know when we offer our next great deal on a full range of NZ HVAC TOOLS. Or call us NZ Free Call 0800 483 353.
HVAC TOOLS Limited is a NZ GST registered company New Zealand NZ BN 9429046513991.
Browse our HVAC NZ Service Tools range :
- Refrigerant Recovery
JAVAC XTR-Altima Refrigerant Recovery Unit with 11 kg/min Push Pull Rate for Air Conditioners and Refrigeration$2,099.99 + GST
- Tools and Accessories
JAVAC Torque Wrench Kit For Air Conditioners – 7 Heads, 17mm, 19mm, 22mm, 24mm, 26mm, 27mm, 29mm, 10 to 75 Newton Meters$199.99 + GST
- Sale!Refrigerant Recovery
JAVAC XTR-Ultra Refrigerant Recovery Unit with 7.1 kg/min Push Pull Rate for Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
- Refrigerant Recovery
JAVAC XTR Pro Refrigerant Recovery Unit with 5.5 kg/min Push Pull Rate for Air Conditioners and Refrigeration$1,799.99 + GST
Need something else? Get in touch :
Call us NZ Free Call 0800 483 353
Email us : firstname.lastname@example.org
or chat with us