The Compass Refrigerant Leak Detector features a patented heated diode sensor, specifically designed for residential and commercial Air Conditioning leak detection application.
This easy-to-use hand-held refrigerant leak detector delivers excellent sensitivity to all refrigerants, up to 0.15 oz/year.Unlike some other leak detectors available on the market, this clever unit can pinpoint the leak source quickly through the high/low sensitivity adjustment; LED’s illuminate progressively to convey leak size and a water-resistant filter protects the sensor from jobsite contaminants such as dust, dirt and oil.
HVACTOOLS Product Review:
Compass presents you with the optimal balance of features, function and value offering a handful of useful features across the range at a great price.
- Sensitivity: 0.15 oz/year
- Detects all CFCs, HCFCs, HFCs, and HFOs
- No false alarms from soap solutions
- Runs on rechargeable battery or AC adapter
- Patented heated diode sensor provides excellent sensitivity
- Advanced filter keeps out water, dirt, and oil
- High/low sensitivity adjustment allows you to decrease sensitivity to pinpoint leak source
- Automatic background adjustment (“zeroing”) compensates for refrigerant build-up
- LEDs illuminate progressively to show leak size
- Power indicator flashes when battery is low
- Water-resistant filter protects the sensor from moisture and contaminants
- Easy one-button operation
- Headphone jack
- Compatible refrigerants R22, R32, R134a, R404a, R407c, R410a, R422b, R448a, R449a, R452a, R452b, R507 (AZ50), R1234yf and more
- Operating Temperature -20 to 50 °C (-4 to 122 °F)
- Minimum sensitivity 0.15 oz/year (4 g/a)
- Power source NiMH battery or AC adapter
- Battery life 5.5 hours
- Dimensions: 44 x 34 x 12 cm
- Weight with batteries 1.15 lb. (0.522 kg)
- Probe length 15 in. (38 cm)
- Certifications CE marking per safety and EMC
- Warranty 1 year replacement.
In the box:
- Base unit includes Sensor
- NiMH battery
- Spare filters
- Wall charger
- 12 V car charger
- Hard plastic carrying case.
Delivery and Returns:
Delivery is by courier from Auckland, delivery times may vary. All Auckland orders are delivered the next business day, other main business centres and standard areas are within two-three business days from payment.
All rural areas are subject to normal rural delivery times.
For more details on delivery please feel free to contact us before ordering. Please contact us for Return Authorisation before returning.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, simply contact us to return it within 30 days in the original packaging and condition supplied for a full refund.
Unless specified all products carry a minimum 12-month manufacturer’s return to base warranty. HVACTOOLS will provide full support for this warranty. All products that are found to be faulty within 30 days of purchase will be replaced with brand new products.